APICS Los Angeles Chapter supports the following California Universities: (click on link to visit the APICS Student Chapter Information for these locations)
Cal State University - Long Beach (Los Angeles S076)
Cal State University - Dominguez Hills (Los Angeles S016)
APICS Los Angeles Chapter currently has a position for a Social Media Intern in our Marketing Department. This is a great opportunity to enhance communications skills and get hands-on experience in the day-to-day work at this busy nonprofit. Interns can expect to play an integral role in the membership recruitment and growth of the chapter.
Classification: Unpaid Intern
Schedule: The ideal candidate spends 3-5 hours a week in the following duties:
· Update and increase our social media presents and strategies on Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter platforms, which include live tweeting events and crafting relevant articles and blasts.
· Assist in planning, writing and managing quarterly newsletter both paper and digital media formats. For example, draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories.
· Help VP of Marketing with ad hock duties, (Organize and attend monthly marketing committee meeting including preparing agenda and taking minutes)
Education, Experience and Skills:
· Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
· Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
· Formal writing skills
· Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
· Enthusiasm for the mission of LA APICS organization and the business community we serve
· Must work with a positive attitude and goal orientated
· Position requires a six months minimum commitment and will be provide a free APICS membership after 30 days of service.
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org