Looking to improve your presentation skills? Need to give persuasive, interesting presentations to motivate and educate internal and external customers but need help in reaching your audience? APICS Train the Trainer is the course for you!
| APICS Train the Trainer|
|APICS Los Angeles Training Facility|
370 Amapola Avenue, Suite 204
Torrance, CA 90501
(213) 444-3102 (map)
|February 25-26, 2017|
Sat & Sun
|8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Sat|
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 pm. Sun
|2/17/17 at 5:00 p.m. PST|
Looking for other courses? Click the course below.
Don't see your course listed or can't make the above course? Submit a course interest form.
Classes provide a forum for discussion and exchange of ideas with peers. Classes are offered periodically throughout the year (see schedule above) or can be offered at a private setting by submitting an interest form here.
Benefits of APICS Train the Trainer
The benefits of the APICS Train the Trainer course include:
- Understanding effective presentation styles to motivate and educate the organization's customer base in order to enhance potential product and service sales.
- Understanding effective presentation skills that motivate or train the organization's workforce in order to provide quality products and services (such as innovative solutions to problems, improvement of critical processes, or to achieve on-time-delivery and reduced internal costs.)
This course is not just for APICS Instructors! The course is designed for:
- Employees from any type of organization: profit or non-profit, public or private, service or manufacturing.
- Operations Manager, supervisors, leads
- Sales representatives responsible for giving verbal presentations or training other employees
- Human Resources presenters or trainers
APICS Instructors: Successful completion of this course can be used to meet the TTT application requirements for the APICS Instructor Development Program (IDP).
The intensive, two-day interactive APICS Train the Trainer course prepares supply chain and operations management professionals to:
- Give persuasive, interesting presentations to motivate and educate external customers; or to motivate and train other employees.
- Develop abilities to design clear, concise presentations or lesson plans for on-the-job training
- State objectives clearly
- Obtain participation from audience members
- Communicate clearly by using active listening skills and questioning techniques to affirm that the presentation objectives have been accomplished.
Content covered includes:
- Communication skills for presentations and training
- Presentation and Training basics: how and why people learn
- Planning objectives, organizing material, making the presentation
- Graphics and media selection
- Room layout, logistics, common presentation problems
- Practical exercises: Student videotaped presentations and critiques
Courses have a required online and classroom component. Pre-work is required (will be notified by instructor).
Classes are offered periodically throughout the year (see schedule above) or can be offered at a private setting by submitting an interest form here.
Take advantage of special discount rates when registering and paying before the early registration deadline noted above:
|Course Description||Early Registration||Late Registration|
|APICS Chapter Board Member*||$ 195.00||$ 295.00|
|LAPICS Student Member||$ 195.00||$ 295.00|
|APICS Student Member||$ 295.00||$ 395.00|
|APICS Member||$ 395.00||$ 495.00|
|Non-Member||$ 495.00||$ 595.00|
* Applies to any APICS Chapter Board Member or SW District APICS Instructor
LAPICS Board Members only: Deposit fee of $100 applies and is refunded upon successful completion of all course requirements. Early registration and full payment are required to be received before the early registration deadline in order to qualify for the Deposit-only fee. If registering or paying late, the APICS Chapter Board Member rate will apply.
Course fees include course instruction by a Master Instructor Training Instructor participating in the APICS Instructor Development Program (IDP) and:
- Participant Workbook
- Storage media for taped presentations (SDHC card)
Course times: Course will start promptly at 8:00 a.m. each day. Attendees must come prepared with pre-coursework completed.
Course location: See location link above.
Step 1. Register for the course. Must register by early registration deadline noted above for discounted fees. (check back later)
Step 2. Pay course fees and materials through PayPal.
Step 3. Your PayPal confirmation is your receipt. Detailed instructions for the pre-coursework will be mailed to you within 2-3 business days after receipt of payment through PayPal.
Cancellation requests are submitted online and are subject to the following fees:
- Before the early registration deadline: $50.00 processing fee
- Before the First Day of class (minimum 24 hour notice): $100.00 processing fee
- No refunds are issued on or after First Day of class
Contact LAPICS VP of Education at Education@LAPICS.org. Make sure to include your contact phone number.